Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Swatched today



A vest is not subject to the curse
. Yarn is an old hank of Creative Yarns' SouthLander in a lovely navy. Neither my webcam (inset) or my scanner (main) do it justice. Upper inset shows Alberta by Jared Flood, I can knit that sans pattern, practically in my sleep, with oh, four measurements. (Name that tune in four notes, too).

Swatching various stripe combinations and most look either too preppy or too whimsical. If bf was a tenth grade teacher I could easily do preppy/whimsy, but that won't do for this customer. Yardage requires I put some stash yarn in a stripe though, perhaps a solid band through the mid section. Onward.

2 comments:

  1. you can knit without a pattern? NOW I am really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, don't you just love Jared's photographs? I knit the big chunky throw because of the phot. it did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete